Friday, December 19, 2014

YAY!

  I am happy to report my trucker is coming home! Wooot. Now I have to get up and do some cleaning and get his favorite dinner all ready to go. He is in Spokane and he will be here in about 5 hours, I cant wait. I think our dog knows hes coming home, she has been acting all crazy every time the phone rings. 

  Tomorrow we will be doing Christmas, Randall wanted to do it tonight but I had to remind him that Santa only shows up when everyone is sleeping. Then I had to explain to our boys how Santa was coming early, which by the way was an interesting story. I told them that Daddy and all the other truckers work with Santa to make sure that all of Santa's toys are in each city Santa will be going to. So Santa rewards all of the truck drivers like their daddy by coming to each one of their houses when they can make it home for Christmas. My sons look at each other and they smile. They told there preschool teacher today that their dad works with Santa. They were so excited. It was the cutest thing ever. My sister told me that i shouldn't have to lie to the kids but in my head they are still so little and if they want to believe in Santa so be it. In our family the rule is you have to believe to receive. So when they are ready I will let them know but you still have to believe or you don't receive.  And who cares if they think all truck drivers work with Santa, they all really do. If we didn't have truck drivers how would we have anything. 

So that got me wondering, What does everyone else tell there little ones when they ask about Santa or Dad/Mom being home early for the holidays? Do you just do Christmas on Christmas or do you do it whenever they are home? 

No comments:

Post a Comment